KUWAIT INTERNATIONAL LEGAL STUDIES AND RESEARCH CENTER (KILRC)
Upon the decision of KILAW’s President and Dean No. 10 for the academic year 2011-2012 dated on 19th April 2012, the Kuwait International Legal Studies and Research Center was established to support and fund research that will enrich knowledge and effectiveness of the legal awareness, and Law and governance in the society, aiming for sophisticated legal research locally and globally. KILRC is also concerned with providing professional training for lawyers, government employees, and civil servants to contribute to the development and progress of society.
KILRC is currently chaired by Dr. Ahmad AlFaresi upon KILAW’s President decision No. 27 for the academic year 2015-2016, started from 17 January 2016.
KILRC Mission: Advancing legal knowledge to address current and future issues.
KILRC Vision: To become a research reference for professional legal issues locally and internationally.
KILRC Objectives: KILRC seeks through the provision of its services to achieve the following objectives:
- Support research projects, and strive to raise the efficiency of the researcher and the development of the research skills to keep pace with developments located in various areas of law and its contemporary applications.
- Contribute to the quality of research services and advisory support in the legal field for the various entities and institutions, through projects and research, according to the latest scientific specialization mechanisms and advanced techniques.
- Advancing legal training and promoting the level of legal and professional training.
- Activate cooperation and partnership with all professional entities and relevant institutions locally and internationally.
KILRC adopts the following policies:
- Motivate researchers in the legal field to conduct original and sophisticated research that reflect the needs and requirements of the local and global community.
- Adopting a systematic modernization and development for the center and the establishment of a dynamic, evolving base, ready to provide the best advice and opinion in the legal field.
- Promote international links in the field of legal research, in light of the general framework of the Centre.
- Upgrading the area of special training and its development throughout frameworks of highly professional legal trainers.
Basic services of KILRC:
- Providing legal advice: The center stands ready to provide advice and promote legal awareness at a local and regional level, in order to establish a center to be a distinguished consultant with specialist legal orientation.
- Providing training programs: contribute to the dissemination and promotion of legal knowledge in line with global developments and trends.
- Supporting Legal research by the funding projects institutions to promote the level of scientific research and to encourage them to complete research of originality and scientific merit.
- Encouraging academic publishing and funded research.
Area of research priorities:
- Commercial Law.
- Investment and Finance legal studies.
- Criminal Justice.
- Islamic Law issues.
- Constitutional and Administrative Law.
- Environmental Law.
- Forensic science.