KILAW's General Admission policy
A. KILAW adopts a transparent admission policy that is based on the following conditions:
1. Students must obtain high school (Secondary) certificate or equivalents that are recognized by the Kuwait Ministry of Education.
2. A minimum grade of 70% in both sections scientific and arts, and the required GPA for transfer students for every specific program.
3. Selection of students is based on competition in accordance with the seat capacity of each program and each degree.
4. The School capacity is set annually by the Board of Trustees, in accordance with the School capability and facilities, as well as the market needs for each degree.
5. Acceptance of internal scholarship students is based upon the number determined by the PUC, Private University Council, as per KILAW's request.
First: The following are scores required for Admission:
70% for LLB applicants in both sections scientific and arts.
65% for paralegal applicants.
2.67for LLM applicants, taking into account the conditional admission.
Second: Applicants are required to pass the personal interview.
Third: The applicants are required to pass an English and Arabic exam, Applicants must pass the TOEFL exam with 500 points or the IELTS with 5.5 points and those who receive an excellent mark on their Arabic exam on the high school degree. No student shall be exempted from the placement test, no matter the results
Fourth: Admission in any program (LLB - Paralegal Diploma) requires a high school diploma (GCSE) with a specified GPA or its equivalent in accordance with school bylaws or according to the school's administration. In regards to the acceptance to the LLM program, a student must have an LLB degree with a specified GPA according to the School's bylaws.
C. The applicants should apply at the admission office filling out the application form prepared by the School. Applications are accepted during the period specified by the admissions and registration office each year.
D.The following documents shall be attached with the application form:
1. The original high school diploma or an equivalent certificate.
2. A copy of the Civil ID
3. A copy of the passport.
4. 4 colored passport pictures.
5. A security card form a Kuwaiti mother and a non specified nationality.
6. Copy of the civil ID of the mother and a birth certificate for the Kuwaiti sons.
7. A certificate of proof for those with special needs.
8. An IELTS or TOFEL certificate to provide the school with his/her score in the said exams.
9. To whom it may concern letter for working students
10. Any other documents required by the school.
E. No registration in any program or courses shall be allowed unless the registration fees are paid, as well as the tuition installment as specified by the School from time to time. Such tuition payment may be substituted by financial guarantee accepted by the School.